A first-time Warhammer 40,000 player's chronolog of assembling, painting, and playing a Tau mechanized/light-hybrid small-points cadre.

2010/05/18

Not Too Shabby

I got my first Fire Warrior to probably 75-85% complete.  I could spend forever trying to make him perfect, or I could move on to the other 23 waiting in line.  This guy will get a few more dabs of color here and there and a little bit of a Badab Black Wash in at least a few places, but I'm effectively done with him.

For reference, I'm trying for an effect that's an amalgamation of a Star Wars Imperial Stormtrooper and Hikaru Ichijo's Skull 11 from Macross: Do You Remember Love?  I had the brilliant inspiration last night that I should do my (soon to be) 4 XV8 Crisis Battlesuits in Roy/Hikaru/Max/Milia colors.

The lines aren't particularly clean, but WTFever, it's my first one and I'm proud of it.

It kinda looks better in the pictures than in person; the blue and red kneepads and the green optics pop out much better due to the harshness of the flash.

Our model: Skull 11 VF-1 Valkyrie, piloted by one Chu-i Hikaru Ichijo.  Assuming I spelled his rank correctly.  I've got better (read: much more expensive) toy-versions in the attic, but this one is 3-year-old-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment