A first-time Warhammer 40,000 player's chronolog of assembling, painting, and playing a Tau mechanized/light-hybrid small-points cadre.

2010/05/05

Paint It Black

I see a grey tank and I want it painted black
No greyscale anymore I want them to turn black
I see the tanks skim by ranked in their warring rows
I rotate my railgun until my target blows

More priming.  There are a few places I'm going to have to spot-check (inside nacelles, around movable turrets, hatches, the like) when I don't have a 4-month-old a few feet away in a bouncy-seat and a 3-year-old careening about demanding Dada's attention.  All in all, though, not bad for a rank novice splitting an hour's time between the kids and the hobby.

In the background are a GF9 GFT030 pin vice, bit, and rod set and some neodymium magnets of various sizes.  I'm going to try magnetizing the Hammerhead's multitracker (registration now appears to be required to view the forum, which wasn't the case earlier today?) so that it's convertible to a burst cannon, allowing the tank to moonlight as a Devilfish.  Unfortunately when I assembled the current Devilfish several months ago I glued the commander hatch in place, so if I want to make it convertible (into a Sky Ray, unless I can dig up another turret or figure a way to convert the Sky Ray's missile wing turret into a Hammerhead turret) I'm going to have to do something funky with the hatch.  Like...chop it out.

I think I've got a better grasp of what a macro lens is for, even though I still don't have the least idea how to make proper use of it.  The first 2 were done with the Nikon D50's kit lens, and the other 4 with an AF Nikkor 50mm.  Whatever that means.

2 comments: